Tuesday 12 November 2013

DIY Chevron Infinity Scarf Tutorial!


Finally, I have constructed my first knitting/sewing tutorial!  This has been in the works for a while and I really hope you enjoy doing this as much as I did.  As it is getting pretty cold outside, I'm also really enjoying wearing this scarf.  This scarf is great for knitters/sewers of all skill levels, but if you have any questions post them in the comment section and I will be happy to answer them.

Lets get started!

What you will need:
2 balls of thick weight yarn
Appropriate knitting needle size for your yarn
1/2 yard of minky fabric to match your yarn color
Sewing thread to match your fabric
Hand sewing needles
Pins (I recommend ones with a large, visible head)
Scissors
3 snaps
2 large decorative buttons

1.  Start by knitting the body of the scarf.  I found this base pattern on pinterest here, but changed it a bit.  I repeated the following pattern 31 times to achieve the necessary length, but you probably should measure it to be sure it is the necessary 29" long.
     The Pattern:
Row 1 - P4 K5 P5 K2 P5 K5 P4
Row 2 - K3 P5 K5 P4 K5 P5 K3
Row 3 - P2 K5 P5 K6 P5 K5 P2
Row 4 - K1 P5 K5 P8 K5 P5 K1
Row 5 - K5 P5 K10 P5 K5
*P = purl
*K = knit
This is the scarf by itself.

2.  Now gather all your supplies together, and cut your fabric.  The minky fabric isn't the nicest thing to work with, but it is worth it in the end.

3.  Pin the minky fabric to the scarf body.

4.  Sew the minky to the scarf.

5.  Now sew the snaps in to both ends of the scarf.

6.  Sew the decorative buttons to the side of the scarf that doesn't have the snaps (ie the outside "good" side).


Woohoo!  You're done!  Hope you enjoyed the tutorial.  I'd love to know how it went for you, let me know in the comments section!


No comments:

Post a Comment