Tuesday 10 December 2013

Meanwhile, in Saskatchewan


Brett and I got to go home to the farm for a bit between my exams and on one of our days at home we got a bit of a blizzard.  Luckily, this wasn't the day that Brett and his dad were supposed to be hauling grain!  I got to stay cuddled inside and make our Christmas stockings (stay tuned, on Thursday I will be posting the tutorial for these).  It always amazes me the weather extremes we get here in Canada.  It has been -30°C (about -22°F) without the wind chill for the past week.  When summer time comes, it will get up to +30°C (about 86°F) without a humidex rating.  A lot of people ask why we would live here when the weather is so crazy.  But there is nothing I love more than being in the combine with Brett on a beautiful fall day, or sitting in the truck bed enjoying a summer sunset, or being with Brett in the seeder on a spring morning.





The farm and this land is a part of me.  This is where I grew up, where Brett and I want to build a life and raise our future kids and grow old together.  This is why I couldn't ever leave, bad weather or not.  I guess each storm that we get through here on this prairie is another thread, tying me to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment