Thursday 19 December 2013

My Christmas Favorites


Only six more days left until Christmas Day!  I have one more exam to write tomorrow before I am home free and done the term.  To celebrate the closure of Term 1 a day early, here are my Christmas Favorites for the year.

Smell: Freshly peeled and cut apples for apple pie

Tradition: Going to the Christmas Eve church service in our small town.  All the church groups (United, Lutheran, etc.) from our little town unite to do one lovely service.  This is only my second year going (since it is only my second year of really being a part of Brett's community) but I cannot wait to make this service a long time tradition for our family.

Movie: The Family Stone.  This is a wonderful Christmas movie.  If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend watching it, but make sure you keep a box of tissues nearby.

Hymn: O Holy Night.  Particularily these two lyrics:
               Truly he taught us to love one another,
               His law is love and His gospel is peace

Memory: One of my favorite memories of my childhood Christmases was when we would read out of this special Christmas book my Aunt Viola bought us.  I can't remember the name of the book, but it was basically a collection of Christmas storys, carols and stories about what Christmas is like in other countries.  The whole family would gather and someone would read a few stories out of the book.  I loved sharing this quiet moment with my family.

Gift: Usually my favorite gift to recieve is jewelry.  It is something that I always love getting, but will rarely buy for myself.

Sight: My home after being away at school.

Dislikes: Trying to get any last minute shopping done at the mall.

Your turn now!  What are some of your Christmas favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment