Tuesday 31 December 2013

Simple and Delicous Slow Roasted Ribs



For my bridal shower I recieved the Company's Coming recipe book "Anytime Casseroles".  It is by far my favorite one that I own - and definitely the recipe book I use the most.  As a farmer's wife, casseroles are a staple food on our menu and these recipes are all made from ingredients that I either regularly stock in my fridge or I can easily get in our small town grocery store.  This rib recipe is my favorite from the book (with a few of my own changes).  These are so tender that I was able to eat mine with a fork because the meat fell right off the bones.  I couldn't keep a recipe this good to myself so I thought I would share it with you.

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 3 1/2 hrs
Servings: 2

Ingredients:
1 lg rack (or 2 sm racks) of pork ribs
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp table salt (or sea salt)
1 1/2 tsp coarse ground pepper
BBQ sauce of your choice flavor

Recipe:
1. Combine the brown sugar, garlic salt, table salt and pepper
2. Rub the above mixure into the ribs and arrange them in a casserole dish
3. Bake the ribs - covered - for 3 hours at 250°F, and flip at half time
4. Coat the ribs in BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 30 mins uncovered
5. The ribs are done! Combine with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment