Tuesday 6 May 2014

Favorite Everyday Cosmetic Products

I am not a beauty blogger by any means.  Makeup and hair are not exactly one of my talents.  I have a few different things that I have mastered and I stick to those.  I do, however, love reading The Small Things Blog by Kate Bryan.  She has awesome hair and makeup tips, so I really suggest checking her out.  The past little while I have found three products that I absolutely love.  So, despite my lack of expertise, I figured I would share them with you.  They are very much "every day" products, I use them all the time.

1.  EOS Hand Lotion in "Fresh Flowers".


I have been quite pleasantly surprised by this hand lotion.  Usually I find hand lotions to be too greasy to use any time other than before bed.  This one rubs right in, though, and doesn't leave a yucky residue - just nice soft hands.  As a nursing student, I end up using this lotion a lot and it works great.  Plus it is a great purse size (or scrub pocket size).  I really prefer the "Fresh Flowers" scent to the other options these come in, its floral without being too strong or sweet.

You can buy this hand lotion pretty much everywhere - I've seen it in drug stores, grocery stores, Walmart, Target, even our health science bookstore (for all us health sci students with dry hands from over-washing!).

2.  Softlips Lip Balm in "Coconut Cream".


Despite loving the EOS hand lotion, I really think that Softlips Lip Balm is where it's at for lip balm.  I keep one with me at all times.  Brett often teases me about my Softlips obsession because I won't go anywhere without one.  I love the slim tube (fits great in jeans, scrubs, a clutch, basically everywhere) and I love all of the flavors that they come in.  I was really into the "French Vanilla" for a long time, but then they brought out "Coconut Cream", which I would say is my new favorite.

Like the EOS Hand Lotion, Softlips is available pretty much everywhere (I usually pick it up at Walmart).

3.  Urban Decay Lipstick in "Streak".


I was never a lipstick person, but Kate from The Small Things Blog talked about this one a lot.  Since we have fairly similar skin tones (both pretty fair) I decided to give it a try because it looked so great on her.  This lipstick is really "buildable" (as the beauty guru's would say).  It can be as translucent or opaque as you want it.

Me wearing Urban Decay's "Streak"
As you can see, it is a really pretty blush pink - I am totally in love.  I like the color because I feel like I can wear it every day (ie: it's not too flashy).

I bought this lipstick at Sephora, and they have a great selection of all of Urban Decay's lipsticks if this color doesn't work for you.

Do you have any go-to products for everyday wear?

Have a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment