Thursday 15 May 2014

Favorite Wedding Readings

I've had weddings on the brain a lot lately.  We are coming up on our one year anniversary in a couple of months and I am very excited for our friends' wedding in July.  I think that readings for our ceremony was one of the decisions I thought about the most.  Readings can be really reflective of you as a couple and of your hopes for your marriage.

I gathered a few favorites here, if you happen to be debating between readings for your wedding, or looking for some nice quotes to add to a wedding speech.

In lieu of a sand or candle ceremony, Brett and I decided to do a "Blessing of the Hands" ceremony.  I first saw this done when watching the Bachelorette wedding of Ashley and J.P.  I cried like a baby during this ceremony (seriously, it was embarrassing), and knew that I had to have that at my wedding.  Brett and I had our mom's read the blessing.  You can see a video of this ceremony (not ours) here.  The Blessing of the Hands starts at 4:40, but just watch the whole video - seriously, so beautiful.


1 Corinthians 13 is used at most weddings (including ours).  But I think there is a reason it is such a classic.


This next one may be too short for its own reading, but would lovely to incorporate onto a program:


This last one is one of my favorites - Brett's cousin, who he is close with, read it during our wedding ceremony.



Are there any readings you would add to this list?  Leave them in the comments!
Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment