Tuesday 3 June 2014

Book Review: Little Women

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott remains my favorite classic novel to this day.  I first read it when I was a kid (probably around age 10) and have re-read it so many times that my poor book is almost in tatters.  The story follows four sisters - Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy - through their lives during the civil war era.  You get to see them start out as "little women" and grow into adulthood.

I find that this book reminds me of summers when I was a kid and I get warm fuzzy feelings every time I read it.  I remember laying on our trampoline on the farm in the hot summer sun reading this book and daydreaming.

This book makes me laugh and cry and warms my heart.  It is a beautiful tale of love, family and growing up.  I highly suggest you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment