Thursday 19 June 2014

I'm Back... Sort of

Sorry for the radio silence on the blog the past two weeks!  Things have gotten a little out of hand between finishing off my last clinical rotation of third year and moving back to the farm for the summer.  I almost should do a moving tips post (considering how often I move these days - about 2-3 times per year), but I am actually terrible at it still.  The best advice about moving that I could give anyone is not to do it.  Life around here has been chaotic to say the least.  On the up side, you haven't missed a whole lot, as clinical basically took over my life.  Hopefully things will get back to normal now, but I will ask for your patience with me as I get back to a bit of a routine now that I am home again.

In other news, here are some things I have been doing over the past week and a half since we talked last:

1.  Clinical Number 3 (and last) of 3rd year nursing is officially complete!  I must say, I was a little apprehensive about my mental health clinical rotation.  Your therapeutic nursing skills rely so heavily on your ability to converse with your patients in the mental health setting, which made me nervous at first.  However, I can say after completing it that I learned so much!  I feel like the skills I learned there will really translate across all areas of my practice in the future.

2.  I got my first pair of prescription sunglasses!!  It is very exciting to be able to drive (and see) without trying to squint through the bright sun - especially now that summer is finally here.  I have a lot of trouble with contacts drying out my eyes, so it will be nice to feel like I don't have to fight with them.


I get all my glasses at Superstore.  I am far too cheap to spend the money at the stores that are attached to the optometrist's office.

3.  I picked up this roller ball perfume while doing some last minute errands before leaving the city (from Indigo Bookstore).






















They totally hooked me on the packaging.  But after smelling it I knew it had to be mine.  It isn't the kind of scent that I usually go for.  I am generally a vanilla based scent kind of girl (something that smells like baking preferably).  But this one is great for summer.  They say it is a blend of cassis, sea salt and geranium scents.  Love it!

4.  I have a few summery craft ideas spinning around in my head that I would like to get started on to post here.  I need a smaller travel make up case, a calendar for our newly painted kitchen, a summery wreath and I am planning on making a summer wrap dress.  I haven't decided yet whether or not I can somehow do a tutorial for the dress.  I absolutely love making dresses, and I often get lots of compliments on them.  I would really like to make an easy tutorial that the average sewer could follow, but I find it really hard to replicate a clothes pattern since I make my own.  Half the time I end up not even following my pattern and just winging it... So we will see how that goes.

I hope you are having a great week.  Don't mind my semi-irregular posts for the next week or so, I promise to get my act together ASAP.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment