Wednesday 9 July 2014

Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe


I recently had some left over steak from a bbq cooked and frozen taking up spaced in my freezer, so I decided to cook up some soup.  I didn't use a recipe, just stuff I had around the kitchen.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but as it happens it ended up tasting wonderful.  I figured it wouldn't be fair not to share this great soup recipe.  It is definitely something that I will make again.

The recipe:


I added a little bit of seasoning to taste (just some salt and garlic powder), but my tomatoes came pre-seasoned and beef broth is so salty on its own that I found this soup didn't really need a lot of extra seasoning.  The handy part of this recipe is that most things can be found in your kitchen already.  The beef can be any kind (as I said, I used steak - but roast beef or stewing beef would work great as well) and the vegetables don't have to be canned.  Fresh veggies would probably take this recipe to a whole other level.

The soup freezes great as well (I froze a bunch of individual portions for my 12hr shifts - there's nothing like homemade soup in the middle of a night shift).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment