Friday 22 August 2014

Oh Hey Friday! // Life Lately (in pictures)


Well hi there!  Feels like forever since we talked...  August craziness really is getting the best of me these days; between trying to get going with harvest, getting in as many shifts at work as possible, trying to finish up projects and getting ready for the up coming school year, it feels like I am running in circles.  This week's Oh Hey Friday link up will be a recap of life lately.  But before we get started, the lovely ladies I am linking up with are The Farmer's Wife and September FARM.

So let's get to catching up:

1.  I'm finishing up the last of my night shifts for the summer (since I will be back at school in two weeks).

I'm looking uncannily bright eyed and busy tailed before a 12hr night.

2.  I cannot stop eating blueberries lately.  Seriously, its a problem.  I think I am going to turn into a giant blueberry like the little girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... #cantstopwontstop #noregrets

How can you resist when they look like this??

3.  The quilt is done!!  And we hung the headboard that my dad made us out of an old door from the farm.


To make the headboard, dad cut down the door to our mattress measurements.  Then he sandblasted the old paint off.  To finish it off, we stained it a dark brown and sealed it.

I made the calligraphy prints on either side of our wedding photo.  They say "Where you go, I will go" and "and where you stay, I will stay" (from Ruth 1:16).


4.  I've really been loving calligraphy and watercolor painting.  I find it super relaxing.  My latest design is a quote from The Notebook (you can't go wrong):


5.  Brett and I had our first field supper of the season together this past week.  It wasn't the usual field supper because neither my mother-in-law nor I made it (as I was in the city all day) and the combining got shut down because of a torrential down pour.  The canola we were swathing didn't get any rain though, so I was just me, Brett, the swather and some delicious Boston Pizza take out.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is nothing like enjoying a meal off the tail gate of a Chevy on the open prairie.


I hope you had a lovely week and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment