Wednesday 3 September 2014

And Just Like That...


Nursing school starts again tomorrow.... Everybody panic!!!

Just kidding... Sort of.  It is hard to believe that my last summer as a university student has come and gone.  Next summer I will be a real grown up and working (hopefully) full time.  In some ways it feels like I just started this journey.  It still seems like yesterday that I was attending second year orientation, not knowing anybody in my class, not really knowing what I was getting into.  Fast forward a couple of years and I have friends that I feel like I have known my whole life (and can't imagine not having in my life) and a prospective career that has become more a part of me than I ever thought possible.

The start of this year is feeling a little bittersweet.  Sweet because nursing school has been the most challenging thing I have ever done - in so many ways - and I will be glad to not have OSCE's and exams and term papers breathing down my neck.  But the inevitable down side is that a part of my life is soon to be over - I've been a student for five years now, it feels like that is all I know how to do.

But times will change and life moves from one period to the next.  So, fourth year, I am ready for you.

2 comments:

  1. With you as their nurse, patients will realize their prayers have been answered. Prayers to help with not only their pain, but with their fear and with their hope to have someone who truly cares about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunty! I certainly will be doing my best!

      Delete