Friday 12 September 2014

Oh Hey Friday // Top Moments of the Week


Hey!  So, two weeks into my "post every three days" resolution, I miss a post.  Bad blogger.  But of course I am back for the Oh Hey Friday link up.  I am linking up with  The Farmer's Wife  and  September FARM today; if you want to see more of the link up, check out those links.

So, onto best moments of my week:

1.  This post (The Unfortunate Reality of Some Farming Years) totally exploded!  It has had 4200 page views since Monday.  This is by far my most popular blog post to date and I am so so thankful to all the readers who checked it out.

2.  In keeping with the previous theme, we finished combining our mustard.  I was the first whole crop that we got off and in the bin (that is the upside).  Our yield was pretty bad, but at least it is one thing done.

The change a few months can make.
 3.  It is riding boots season!!  It has gotten pretty chilly here so I have busted out my riding boots and I'm not giving them up until spring (yes this a high point of my week).

Yep, I am using my school bag to prop up my mirror in this picture.  Sometimes you've just got to rough it when you are renting for such a short period of time.
4.  Grad photos were this week!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just 7 more months and I will be a graduate nurse (and hopefully an RN soon to follow).



5.  We started clinical for our community rotation this week.  We are working in a community that has been called one of the worst communities in Canada.  After only 3 days I have learned so much and I can tell that this is going to be an amazing experience.  I hope to write more about my experience as time goes on.  But I can already tell that as much as teaching will be part of my job as a community nursing student in this community, the people of the community will teach me so much more.

I hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of riding boots, too, thought I don't have a pair at the moment. :( My husband worked as a nurse for the first couple years of our marriage--it's definitely the kind of job where you learn a lot from those you work with and for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding boots are the best! Mine are from Arnold Churgin (he is currently only shipping to Canada - which is bizzare for me because usually I can't get things because they only ship to the US).

    ReplyDelete