Friday 31 October 2014

Oh Hey Friday // Happy Halloween




Well hi!  I hope you had a lovely week.  Are you a Halloween aficionado?  I must confess that I sort of forgot about it until exactly a week ago... Lets just say that thanks to October being prime time for papers and midterms, Halloween doesn't always make it to the top of my priorities list.  However, in honor of the "holiday", today's Oh Hey Friday 5s will be all my favorite Halloween things.  As usual I am linking up witThe Farmer's Wife and September FARM - click on those links to check out more of the Oh Hey Friday link up.

1.  I'm just going to put it out there and say that my very favorite part of Halloween is all of the yummy treats.  I doubt I am alone in this.  Probably the best are the popcorn balls that my mother-in-law's good friend makes for us every year (I really scored by marrying Brett and thus being given my own popcorn ball every year... Hehehe).  I am tempted to try making my own one year and this recipe seems pretty easy (probably the one that I will try).  Thankfully, it does not require the making of caramel (been there, tried that, it wasn't pretty) so that is definitely a step in the right direction.

2.  Couples Halloween costumes.  One year Brett and I got really creative and dressed up as Minnie and Mickey Mouse.  I searched and searched to find a picture of us together but seriously can't find one anywhere.  Sheesh.

3.  Creative decor.  I am not the type to go all out on themed decor - I'm not sure if this is because it requires advanced planning and don't think about it enough ahead of time (I really struggle sometimes guys) or if I am actually just lazy, but for some reason it just doesn't happen for me.  That being said, next year I really want to do this somehow (minus the forest, growing the forest in southern Saskatchewan would take an actual act of magic...).

Source
4.  Seeing all the cute little kids dressed up.  Seriously, the cutest (I can feel the baby fever setting in):


5.  Seeing all the children get waaaay to wired on candy.  After all, the best cure for baby fever is reminding yourself that you can sit on your couch and relax while all the parents in the neighborhood try to put their overtired, all-jacked-up-on-candy children to sleep.  Hehehe.

Enjoy your Halloween and your weekend!  Also, thanks so much to everyone who participated in my giveaway this past week!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww man, I would have loved to see a photo of that couples' costume you guys did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am so sad that I can't find it! Maybe next year we will have to recreate it, haha.

      Delete