Friday 6 February 2015

The heat is on... On the bathroom

There comes a time in every home owner's life, that a leaky tap inevitably becomes a full out gut-the-bathroom reno.  Wait, that doesn't happen in your life?  I guess we are just the lucky ones.

This post about the installation of our front doorknob pretty much sums up how home reno projects have gone for Brett and I so far.  Even painting has not come without its casualties (such as my mother falling head first down our stairs because we laid down painting plastic down the stairs in about the dumbest way humanly possible).  So you can see why I am filled with extreme trepidation and dread when I think of this bathroom reno.

I do, however, love the design ideas part of a reno.  So I whipped up an inspiration board for what I/we hope to achieve in the new space.


1.  We want to do a glass half-door rather than a shower curtain.

2.  I am so excited to have a nice soaker tub, I haven't had a bath in ages.

3.  Two words, Rain. Showerhead.

4.  I love these old-school faucets.

5.  We want to do subway tiles for the tub/shower surround.

6.  And I am in love with these hexagon floor tiles.

7.  I find this lamp to be really pretty and different.

8.  The wall color we like is called Adirondack Blue from Behr.

9.  This mirror from Pottery Barn is something I think we are going to try construct a dupe for (that should be interesting).

10.  We want to do something similar to this vanity with the white on white look.

11.  I absolutely love this oxford strip rug from Pottery Barn.

Have you recently done a bathroom/other reno?  Any tips on staying sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment