Monday 30 March 2015

It's been a while...

Wow, long time no see.  The past weeks/months have been spent in a blur of bathroom renovation, night shifts, paper writing, not really seeing my husband, and essentially barely keeping my head above water.

BUT!  A week ago I finished my last night shift of my final practicum.  So essentially I am finished my nursing degree, I have no finals this term, all I am waiting on are the official marks saying I passed.  That definitely has not sunk in yet - and I honestly don't think it will until September rolls around and I'm not heading back to the city for school.  I am so thankful for the amazing final preceptorship that I had.  Let me tell you, rural nursing is not for the faint of heart.  I had some crazy experiences (some of which I hope will remain once-in-a-lifetime) and met some awesome people who I hope to be able to work with again soon.

Last day of school selfie!  Taken before the night shift (no one needs to see what I would look like after).
In celebration of finishing my degree, I got my grad present!  A Canon Rebel T5-i.  I am so excited.  I haven't done much with manual mode yet, as I am just getting used to navigating the different auto modes.  I have, however, done some really amazing work with the high speed sports setting.  Exhibit A:


Also, we finished (and by we finished, I mean our contractor finished) our bathroom reno!  Start to finish it took about three weeks (which could have been two if our tile hadn't taken a millennium to arrive).  We are so happy with the outcome.  There are a few finishing touches left, such as framing the mirror and a few paint touch-ups, but here are some reveal pics!





That is about all that is new around these parts.  You can expect me back to my regular posting schedule from here on out (baring any major bouts of writer's block or night-shift brain of course).  Have an excellent week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment